PART 1: CANE STRUCTURES COURSE
> English, Spanish, basic Portuguese
HARVEST and PREPARATION OF THE WORKSHOP > Monday 7 – Saturday 19 March > 2 weeks (Max 4 Places/week)
MINI ONE-WEEK INTRODUCTORY COURSES > Monday 21 march – Saturday 26 march > 1 week (Max 6 Places)
> Monday 28 march – Saturday 2 april > 1 week (Max 6 Places)
INTERMEDIATE CANE STRUCTURE COURSE > Monday 21 March – Saturday 2 April > 2 weeks (Max 6 Places)
INTENSIVE CANE STRUCTURE COURSE > Monday 21 March – Saturday 16 April > 4 weeks (Max 18 Places)
– HARVESTING AND WORKSHOP PREPARATION (Work Camp) > 5 – 6 days > General and practical description of the entire harvesting process, from how to locate and identify the right cane to how to store the cane correctly; preparation of the workspace (storage, workspaces, tripods etc).
– MINI ONE-WEEK INTRODUCTORY COURSES > 1 week > Initiation to the entire CanyaViva Method (All processes from harvest to arch assembly)
> The course includes 1 presentation and 2 theoretical classes
– INTERMEDIATE CANE STRUCTURE COURSE > 2 weeks > General and practical description of the entire CanyaViva Method (All processes from harvest to arch assembly)
> The course includes 1 presentation and 3 theoretical classes
– INTENSIVE CANE STRUCTURE COURSE > 4 weeks > General description of the entire CanyaViva Method (All the processes from harvest to the assembly of the arch)
+ Practice of the manufacturing processes of the different arches and the assembly of nerves to make a complete structure ready for the covering.
> The course includes 1 presentation and 4 theoretical classes
> Food And Accommodation Included
– HARVEST AND WORKSHOP PREPARATION – duration > 5-6 days > min 40 hrs> FREE
– MINI ONE-WEEK INTRODUCTORY COURSES > 1 week > min 40 hrs> 350.00 € (Transfer 200 € + 21% VAT + € 150 cash)
– INTERMEDIATE CANE COURSE > 2 weeks > min 80 hrs> 450.00 € (Transfer 300 € + 21% VAT + € 150 cash)
– INTENSIVE CANE COURSE > 4 weeks > min 160 hrs > 550.00 € (Transfer 400 € + 21% VAT + € 150 cash)
_SPECIAL OFFERS (Accumulative)
_UNIVERSITY STUDENT: Half price
_EX-CANYAVIVA STUDENT: Half price
_ALL IN ONE – 2 COURSES + 2 WORK CAMPS: -200 €
_COOK – Assistance in kitchen: -200 €
_HARVESTER – Assistance in 2 weeks of harvest: -200 €
_PHOTOGRAPHER – Photographic documentation of the building process: -200 €
_VIDEOGRAPHER -Videographic documentation of the building process: -200 €
_BRING A FRIEND – Registration of two people or more: 100 € each
TIMETABLE – Harvest and Courses –
Monday-Friday > 9:00-18:00
Saturday > 9:00-13:00
FOOD and ACCOMMODATION (Included)
– Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided each day.
> Please specify in the inscription form if you are a vegetarian or a carnivore, or if you have any food restrictions.
– There are large camping tents, kitchens, showers and dry toilets.
> Please specify in the inscription form if you prefer accommodation in large shared tents or if you can bring your own tent.
COURSE LOCATION and directions
Alcantarilha, Silves, Algarve, Portugal
Address and details of how to arrive will be given on inscription
WHAT TO BRING
– Boots, trousers, long-sleeved shirt and strong work gloves (harvest)
– Closed footwear (NOT sandals) and thin gloves (course)
– Sunhat (essential)
– Water bottle
– Penknife (if possible with plyers)
– Camping equipment
– Notepad and pen/pencil
INSCRIPTIONS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
EMAIL > firstname.lastname@example.org
TELEPHONE > +34 628020350 Jonathan
To reserve your place please click on the link below to fill out a simple questionnaire that will help us assess whether the course is really for you.
Then we will send you the registration form that should be filled out and sent with the proof of the first payment
For more information or questions please do not hesitate to ask us!
Thank you very much and see you soon!